[curves] The great debate over point formats

Diego Aranha dfaranha at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 02:22:50 PST 2014

> Diego, have you implemented arithmetic mod the primes in your paper?  Do
> you know whether they're fast or not, and with what implementations, and
> maybe even on what platforms, or are you speculating?
>
> Cheers,
> -- Mike

Mike, at this point mostly speculating, but with background on writing
full-limb random prime field arithmetic on Intel modern processors. Indeed
a very different beast, so it's entirely possible we will have some
unpleasant surprises.

Best,
--
Diego de Freitas Aranha
Department of Computer Science - University of Brasília