[curves] 25519 implementations in JavaScript

Guy K. Kloss gk at mega.co.nz
Tue Jun 3 22:21:05 PDT 2014

On 04/06/14 10:51, Trevor Perrin wrote:
> Interestingly, Google's just-announced "End-to-End" browser extension
> for PGP includes javascript Curve/Ed25519.

Yes. Seems like everybody's talking about that one today :)

It's good, that there's now another competitor to OpenPGP.js

http://openpgpjs.org/
https://github.com/openpgpjs/openpgpjs/

The End-to-End stuff is Apache 2.0 licensed, so it might be interesting
how it compares performance wise and whether it'd be worth extracting
into a stand-alone library.

> I don't think PGP has standardized curve/ed25519.  But perhaps they're
> trying to move in that direction:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/end-to-end/
> https://code.google.com/p/end-to-end/source/browse/javascript/crypto/e2e#e2e%2Fecc

Yes, it seems like Werner Koch has mentioned the usage of Ed/Curve25519
for the first time in October last year on the OpenPGP mailing list.

Also, I have seen Curve/Ed25519 making land fall in OpenSSH. Good signs!

Guy