[curves] Distribution-ready optimized code

Andrew Moon liquidsun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:01:39 PDT 2015

qhasm is nice, but feels like it needs more support. A maintained repo
with an up to date set of architectures and documentation would help a
lot. Every time I try to use it, I run in to instructions that are
missing, then try to figure out/remember how to add new instructions,
then get worried that I might use an crappy operator/name for it and
could be embarrassed if I distribute it, then etc etc etc and decide
it's too much trouble. (having to look up the syntax for compare/jump
usually pushes me over the edge). You can semi-program it with Peters
https://cryptojedi.org/programming/maq.shtml which does help with some
of the "this repetition is killing me" stuff that is unavoidable with
asm.

asm-opt is a workable solution (at least for getting asm in to
projects, not for creating the asm), but not optimal. You still have
to manually touch up the final file a bit, where it's obviously easier
for qhasm/PeachPy/whatever to generate the required mark-up
information in the intermediate file based on the source.