[curves] General Curve25519 and Ed25519 Libraries

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Jun 17 17:04:14 PDT 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Steve Weis wrote:

> Hi Frank. Check out Adam Langley's curve25519-donna. It has no external
> dependencies and looks pretty straightforward to use:
> https://github.com/agl/curve25519-donna
>
> There's also libsodium which has Ed25519 support:
> https://github.com/jedisct1/libsodium

For OpenSSH, we used the ed25519 implementation from SUPERCOP

http://bench.cr.yp.to/supercop.html

and lifted the curve25519 implementation from NaCl

http://nacl.cr.yp.to/

We picked these because they were readable reference implementation,
not for performance. Much faster ones exist if you're willing to do
compile or run-time implementation selection. A good ed25519 set is
Andrew Moon's:

https://github.com/floodyberry/ed25519-donna

-d