[curves] Fwd: Crash Course on ECC poster

Ben Harris mail at bharr.is
Tue Jul 7 20:30:36 PDT 2015

On 8 Jul 2015 1:13 pm, "Tony Arcieri" <bascule at gmail.com> wrote:

> I made this poster for the DEFCON Crypto and Privacy Village. It's
intended for audiences of mixed ability levels:

> https://i.imgur.com/hwbSRHh.png
>
> Would appreciate technical feedback on it. If you'd like to suggest copy
changes, please consider design constraints (i.e. available room on the
page).

Layman comments here.

Slight error in Scalar Multiplication paragraph 2. You say Alice calculates
her private point, but I think you mean public (as the scalar is the
private bit right?).

Not much on the "why". Why can't an observer work out the shared time from
seeing 7 o'clock? (maybe show the two public time points instead of just 1)
Why do you need to "bounce" (mirror?) over the x axis?

Though I appreciate the size constraints, and you've managed to fit heaps
in as is.

-Ben