[messaging] Let's run a usability study (was Useability of public-key fingerprints)

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Apr 7 22:40:37 PDT 2014

On 04/07/2014 08:03 PM, Tom Ritter wrote:
> Okay, made the last changes, are we good to pass it along?  Any last
> pull requests or comments?
> https://github.com/tomrittervg/crypto-usability-study

This looks pretty good to me, but the list of "Fingerprint Types"
doesn't mention unicorns, while the "computationally-chosen flaw" bit
does mention unicorns.  And they only show up there, actually -- that's
probably going to be a head-scratcher for some poor usability researcher :)

I'd be happy to see this kind of work happen.  it's a small piece of the
overall crypto usability puzzle, but i think it would provide useful data.

	--dkg