[messaging] IBE for Service Sub-Keys?

zaki at manian.org zaki at manian.org
Thu Aug 28 18:55:22 PDT 2014

BIP32 is an HMAC based keypair derivation scheme that permits public parent
-> public child and private parent -> private child derivations. It is best
documented here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki

My understanding is that arithmetic is not specific to Bitcoin's use
of secp256k1. I believe it has similar properties to all hash based rachet
schemes. The primary problem is the loss of the root private key and
chaincode(additional entropy) would result in the compromise of all
messages sent by the user.