[messaging] twitter and github as key validators [was: Re: key validation rules for today]

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Sep 9 14:18:37 PDT 2014

On 09/09/2014 04:40 PM, Tim Bray wrote:
> the
> directory-that-you-look-evidence-up-in-but-don’t-have-to-trust feels like
> the only credible new thing in key discovery I’ve seen in a loooooong time.

The OpenPGP keyserver network has been offering
directory-that-you-look-evidence-up-in-but-don’t-have-to-trust for many
years now.

I'm not convinced that's what is novel about keybase.io, but i do think
it's tricky to put your finger on what exactly keybase.io is offering
that people find appealing.

This makes me think we need to investigate it more critically.

	--dkg