[messaging] twitter and github as key validators [was: Re: key validation rules for today]

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Tue Sep 9 15:00:14 PDT 2014

Well, you mentioned UX; by coincidence, that’s what I’m working on.  I’m
doing some work on OpenKeychain, a key/crypto manager app for Android.  I’m
adding a “cloud search” tab that searches the existing keyserver network
and Keybase, in parallel.  If I search for “Tim Bray” I get
https://www.tbray.org/tmp/tb-keys.png - two of the keys are from
keyservers, one from Keybase.  Not all are for me.

Maybe more interesting, if I check for “Dominik Schürmann” I get
https://www.tbray.org/tmp/ds-keys.png - it’s searched both sides, found the
same key in both places, and merged the ancillary information.

This isn’t quite released yet: My next work is to allow the Android user to
double-check the proofs.

I hasten to add: We’re making this up as we go along. If you think you see
something terribly wrong, you probably do.

Also: To anyone curious about keybase,  I have tons of invites.

--
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)