[messaging] The Simple Thing

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Fri Oct 3 10:21:28 PDT 2014

On 3 October 2014 17:49, Tao Effect <contact at taoeffect.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ben,
>
> On Oct 3, 2014, at 2:13 AM, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:
>
> The difference is that with CT the user whose key changes necessarily
>> becomes aware that it has changed. In "the simple thing?" only the
>> targeted user of the key is aware of this change.
>>

>> How is the owner of the key informed about the key change?
>>

> Software holding the key monitors the log(s) for key changes.
>

> What software would that be (Apache? GPG?)?

I can't answer that - it depends what system we're talking about, and
AFAICS we're not yet talking about a specific system, just an idea - but
the idea is that whatever software holds keys for users also monitors logs
on their behalf.

> And is it log, log(s), or logs?

Again, without a specific system design, its not possible to say. In the
proposal for end-to-end key management, I believe the current idea is one
log per domain. So, the s/w would be monitoring a single log in that case.
But, its still on the drawing board.