[messaging] EFF Secure Messaging Scorecard

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue Nov 4 09:38:12 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014, at 12:26 PM, Tom Ritter wrote:
> On 4 November 2014 10:43, Joseph Bonneau <jbonneau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hopefully we will be launching a more detailed version next year with many
> > more evaluation criteria but would be curious to hear feedback on this
> > version from other folks working in this space.
>
> Icons of the tools, please.
>
> I have a lot of minutia feedback otherwise:
>
> Why was ChatSecure + Orbot not featured?  For that matter, why require
> Orbot at all?

Well, I am happy to have the Orbot integration pointed out, but I would
have added two more questions "Is your IP address visible and logged by
the service provider?" and "Can the fact you are using the service by
seen and/or blocked by your ISP/telco?", and then we, and maybe a few
other apps, would have had even *more* green checks to be proud of.

Otherwise, I don't really sweat the featured or not, but I don't really
understand why that user interface choice was really necessary.

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info