[messaging] Key exchange and DuplexWrap-like protocols

Mike Hamburg mike at shiftleft.org
Wed Feb 11 06:56:18 PST 2015

On 2/10/2015 10:49 PM, Ben Harris wrote:
> There is also a lightweight entry called Ketje that might be good
> also. A quick overview is below.
>
> http://boemund.dagstuhl.de/mat//Files/14/14021/14021.VanAsscheGilles.Slides.pdf

Hm.  Yeah, I've wanted to use Ketje in embedded projects, where you can
just make a reasonably small circuit that does one or two bytes of I/O
every cycle.  I didn't realize it supported sessions.  Neat.

Do you think the MonkeyDuplex construction (instead of duplex) will
weaken it for key-exchange purposes?  I don't think it's designed to be
second-preimage resistant.

Thanks,
-- Mike