[messaging] Secure OpenPGP Key Pair Synchronization via IMAP (RFC)

David Leon Gil coruus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:28:54 PDT 2015

> Depends on what it's used for. It's not clear from the video whether the
Yahoo code is also used for multi-device setup, or just backup:

You could use it for multi-device setup at the moment: It will result in
two devices sharing the same key.

It is simply the seed used for a PRG that generates the keys, IIRC.

But it won't be supported for this purpose in the long term, and two
devices sharing the same key will, eventually, cause an error state (if it
can be detected).

--

I previously posted to this list about sound methods of handling multiple
devices. It might be reasonable to suspect that -- with some refinements

- David