[messaging] Post-quantum forward-secrecy

Martin Albrecht martinralbrecht at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:48:21 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 05 Aug 2015 16:35:29 Jeff Burdges wrote:
> As I understand it, there are no mature post-quantum Diffie-Hellman
> alternatives, but NTRU is a relatively mature post-quantum public key
> system.  Any attempt to use NTRU thus requires three steps.

You might find

   Post-quantum key exchange for the TLS protocol from the ring learning with
   errors problem
   Joppe W. Bos and Craig Costello and Michael Naehrig and Douglas Stebila
   https://eprint.iacr.org/2014/599

and the works reference therein interesting.

The status of Ring-LWE is that we have reasonable asymptotic hardness
guarantees (i.e. you can solve GapSVP on ideal lattices if you can solve Ring-
LWE) but how to pick parameters is perhaps a little bit less mature: we
essentially pick parameters for LWE and then use Ring-LWE with those
parameters, because we don't know how to exploit the additional ring structure
to make attacks go faster.

Cheers,
Martin

--
.www: https://martinralbrecht.wordpress.com
.pgp: 40BC 7F0D 724B 4AB1 CC98 4014 A040 043C 6532 AFB4
.xmpp: martinralbrecht at jabber.ccc.de
.twitter: https://twitter.com/martinralbrecht
.keybase: https://keybase.io/martinralbrecht