[messaging] encryption of Signal notification messages

Halil Kemal Taşkın haliko87 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 04:40:39 PST 2016

Hi Trevor,

Then just to clarify things, please kindly check the attached screenshot of my iPhone. I want to figure out what I am missing?

To test the system, my friend Murat wrote me a message: "This message should be encrypted.".

And the message itself is directly shown in the notification as you can check from the screenshot. This is actually what I want to point out.

If you are familiar with mobile development and push notification services, this means, the message travelled through Signal's app server's push handler and Apple APNS as plaintext.

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/euy5a98v0ej9jyb/SignalNotification.png?dl=0

Regards,
Halil Kemal TASKIN.