[messaging] Once again: Tor timing attacks and a Tor confession

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:09:16 PST 2016

On 3/1/16, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:
> I run the messaging at moderncrypto list, which is for end-to-end
> encrypted messaging.  Please don't cross-post, or send off-topic
> messages like this.

There's no charter on the frontpage, but...

https://moderncrypto.org/mail-archive/messaging/2014/000003.html
"
Feel free to discuss anything relevant to secure end-to-end messaging.

 I hope this becomes a good forum for different projects to discuss
their ideas.  I also hope we can discuss everything from technical
protocol analysis to useability and deployment challenges.

Here's a smattering of topics I'm interested in, but feel free to
bring up anything else!
[...]
 - anti-traffic-analysis (Tor, high-latency mixes, Pond)
"

Which we were definitely discussing and I crossed over
for benefit of anyone interested. Breakthread / newpost
with archive links vs mailer recipient editing is a bit moot.
It's legit and fully relevant, unsub me if you want.