[messaging] IETF standardization of a next-gen messaging protocol

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 2 04:58:42 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Ximin Luo <infinity0 at pwned.gg> wrote:

> For sure, but then it should be called a common encryption component and
> *not* "standardisation of a next-gen messaging protocol" (the subject of
> this thread).

True. Maybe I've misinterpreted Tony's message. IMO standardization of the
crypto protocol and its wire representation would have greater chances to
wide adoption. It wouldn't just be another messaging protocol for end-users
but rather a core e2e encryption component that could be used in current
and future protocols to come. Similar to TLS that is used by many other
protocols.

Tobi