[messaging] [Fwd: Re: Ronion anonymous routing protocol framework]

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Thu Oct 19 05:55:18 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 09:33 +0300, Nazar Mokrynskyi wrote:

> Message will still reach receiver (not dropped early), but from
> corrupted message it should not be possible to recover any structure
> that will allow to confirm tagging attack, it should look like
> rubbish.

There is still a 1 bit tagging attack where corrupting the message is
the tag, so one can send 1 bit per frame this way in an onion router.

All I know is that Tor plants to use a wide-block cipher eventually, but
they did not prioritize it highly enough to use AEZ now, and instead
opted to wait until HHFHFH materializes to compare.

Jeff