[messaging] Panoramix decryption mixnet messaging spec and design documents

dawuud dawuud at riseup.net
Sun Oct 29 11:34:45 PDT 2017

> Yes you are right to point out the vagueness in the PKI spec draft I
> sent you.  Mixnets like Tor require a PKI that clients can query to

Of course I'm not saying that mixnets and Tor are the same... whereas
Tor does no mixing.  Although the similarities are useful when
discussing the PKI because they both have similar needs.

Ania also coauthored another recent paper about mixnets that has some
interesting uses for their PKI to help prevent byzantine or n-1 attacks:

   [MIRANDA] Leibowitz, H., Piotrowska, A., Danezis, G., Herzberg, A., 2017,
             "No right to ramain silent: Isolating Malicious Mixes"
             <https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/1000.pdf>.