[messaging] Electron and Desktop Secure Messaging

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Thu Nov 16 06:31:11 PST 2017

> Yesterday Microsoft lost the case against Belgium, where Belgian authorities asked for account details and help with tapping certain calls back in 2012. Microsoft didn't cooperate and claimed it's technically impossible to tap calls.
>
> http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20171115_03187579 (in Dutch)
Let us note how two things are separated into (a) "account details",
which is metadata for surveillance, and (b) "tapping certain calls",
which is wiretapping.

Let us stop saying that e-2-e encrypted call protects from surveillance.
It protects from wiretapping. ( https://vimeo.com/189016018#t=4802s )

So, how do we do Electron auto-updates via Tor network?

Cheers.