[messaging] Thoughts on reliability-optimized Mixnets

zaki at manian.org zaki at manian.org
Sat Dec 30 22:24:19 PST 2017

I'd love to get more analysis of the tradeoffs.

Cryptocurrency users would strongly benefit from Mixnets but the DMMS/Proof
of Work blockchains struggle with fitting in Directory Authorities and
static membership systems.

I've been a fan of the observation that Mixnets fit in better in a Proof of
Stake architectures where you have a more static set of participants.

But better understanding the tradeoffs would let us better understand what
properties are desirable.