[noise] Susurrus: Noise implementation in Rust

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Jul 26 04:31:23 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:36 PM, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:
> I'd also like to see how you tackle framing (length fields) and
> versioning, since these questions about core vs higher-level
> responsibilities are one of the few things that seems a little
> unsettled.

Maybe the prologue should just be "0 or more cleartext bytes preceding
the rest of the message, which is included in the authenticated data
with each encryption", and that way we leave it up to application
designers to decide how it's parsed. For some, length + varlen content
is best. For others, static length is best. And for still others, no
prologue may be best.