[noise] Test vector format

Jonathan Rudenberg jonathan at titanous.com
Wed Apr 6 18:26:41 PDT 2016

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 20:52, Alex <alex at centromere.net> wrote:
>
> We've had discussions about vector formats in the past, but now that
> things are getting formalized I think we should nail down a design.
>
> I'm in favor using JSON. Attached is a schema I think would be a good
> starting point.

This is a good idea, JSON is easier to work with than the previous custom k=v format.

What do you think about using Base64 instead of hex for the binary parts?

I’m unsure about specifying the pattern/cipher/hash/curve separately for both sides of the handshake, it seems like that’s only useful for failure mode testing and would be better suited in local unit tests for the implementation.

Jonathan