[noise] Test vector format

Alex alex at centromere.net
Fri Apr 8 18:37:52 PDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 02:05:14 -0700
Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:

> Making it JSON so it's easy to consume with a JSON parser is
> consistent with the idea of making consumption easy, as long as we're
> just giving the consumer an extra option.  But requiring them to
> handle nested parsing, and streaming JSON, and arbitrary-ordered
> fields, and varying whitespace, just makes other parsing strategies
> harder, without much gain.

Ok, I concede on this point.

> Don't really see the point.  Why not just generate the master copies
> by filling in a template string, and not need JSON or extra scripts?

I have written a vector generator that outputs minified JSON. I also
wrote a small Python script to fill out a template which is very close
to what you've described in your previous email. A truncated version of
the results is attached to this email. The full set of results is
~900KB.

What do you think?

--
Alex