[noise] Test vector format

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Tue Apr 19 10:47:10 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Rhys Weatherley
<rhys.weatherley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 6:17 AM, Rhys Weatherley <rhys.weatherley at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Are the JSON test vectors ready for use?  URL?  Noise-C is essentially
>> "API complete" up to HandshakeState.  I now need some test vectors to throw
>> at it.
>>
> An update on this for the list.  Noise-C now passes all of the cacophony.txt
> test cases from Alex after some bug fixes by me.  There was one minor issue
> with the Curve448 test vectors due to a bug in the upstream Haskell crypto
> library, which Alex has addressed.
>
> Still lots of unit tests, code cleanups, API reviews, doc writing, and
> example making to do on Noise-C ...

Looking good!

I'd like to play around with it some, and give you time to do more of
the doc work, but it probably makes sense to link this from
noiseprotocol.org website soon (week or so).

My "screech" library is lagging behind, I need to get that cleaned-up
and supporting the test vectors (and generating more vectors) soon....