[noise] Session identifiers

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Tue Apr 19 14:23:34 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> That said, there is still a good reason for people to want their
> signatures to be secret: usually, you only want to identify yourself to
> the remote party in the communication, and not to any casual network
> observer.

Yeah, if Noise added signatures they would definitely be transmitted
under encryption (if an encryption key "k" exists), similar to how
static public keys are conveyed.

(The simplest design would just be signing the "h" value with your
long-term key;  but I think we should get more experience with
existing patterns before making the language more complicated...).