[noise] Extra Symmetric Key

zaki at manian.org zaki at manian.org
Sat May 14 13:46:10 PDT 2016

Most systems will want to do classical authentication and then establish a
shared secret over a post quantum secure mechanism.

Since noise can establish a classical authenticated channel, wouldn't it
makes sense for the exchange of the post-quantum secure secret to happen
inside a noise channel and they mix that secret into future iterations of
the key ratchet after it is available?

It's interesting to observe that that "New Hope" paper doesn't contain a
mechanism for doing post quantum authentication.  The new "NTRU Prime"
paper provides and reccomends mechanism for post quantum authentication for
users that afford it. It doesn't entirely make sense to me to adopt post
quantum authentication until it seems more likely that quantum MITM can
exists.