[noise] New test vectors

Alex alex at centromere.net
Tue May 17 02:38:31 PDT 2016

On Tue, 17 May 2016 02:16:14 -0700
Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:

> > I'm working on some other vectors for Noise Pipes, namely for
> > starting communications in IK and then transitioning to
> > XXfallback.  IK and XX scenarios without fallback are already
> > covered by the current vectors.
>
> Mm, good thought, I wonder how we'll describe that in the format.

Are the features described in the "Advanced uses" section considered
mandatory, optional, or something else?

Are they normative?

I've always considered Noise Pipes to be non-normative, which is why
I left "XXfallback" out of the pattern specification:

"pattern": "NN|KN|NK|KK|NX|KX|XN|IN|XK|IK|XX|IX|XR|N|K|X",

It's not clear to me whether the test vector format should support
non-normative optional extensions.

--
Alex