[noise] New test vectors

Rhys Weatherley rhys.weatherley at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:49:29 PDT 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:

> We might also need to more clearly "name" some of these features, so
> we can create matrixes saying which implementations and test suites
> support which features.  For example:
>
>   null public keys optimization
>   pipes
>   indistinguishable pipes
>   handshake hash
>   secondary symmetric key

How about:

"features": ["ssk"]     // test makes use of SSK's
"features": ["pipes", "ssk"]     // test uses both Noise Pipes and SSK's

If a test runner does not recognize a feature, it issues a warning and
moves onto the next test.  Another possible tag name: "extensions".

I don't consider the handshake hash to be an extension feature - I see it
as a core protocol function.  But that's just me.  The test runner can
still run a test if it doesn't understand the "handshake_hash" key.  But it
cannot run a test with the "ssk" feature if it doesn't know what SSK's are.

Cheers,

Rhys.