[noise] Rev30 branch

Rhys Weatherley rhys.weatherley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:38:48 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:

>  - generalizes Noise Pipes to allow combining different patterns
> besides XX/IK (e.g. NX/NK, IX/IK, XX/XK).

Nice.  Should be easy to extend my fallback() method in Noise-C and
Noise-Java to do this.

However, does this mean that new patterns will need to be defined for the
fallback part?  XX/IK/XXfallback, NX/NK/NXfallback, IX/IK/IXfallback, ...?
The NX/NK one is the interesting one: XXfallback requires client
authentication but NX and NK don't, so XXfallback is not sufficient to
complete the protocol.

Perhaps there is some general way to transform the pattern for AA in AA/BB
into AAfallback?  In other words, fallback patterns are derived patterns,
not "real" patterns.

Cheers,

Rhys.