[noise] A Noise-based protocol for signatures?

Paul Chiusano paul.chiusano at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:11:49 PDT 2016

> Messages in Noise aren't signed. There is no signature to verify. In
your setup, Mallory would be able to impersonate you because she will
derive the same TX/RX keys as Alice.

Ah, I see. I was pretty confused about what the dhss token accomplished -
the only thing that would ensure (I think, correct me if I am wrong) is
that decrypting replies to me on the channel after that point requires
knowledge of my corresponding private key. It wouldn't prevent anyone from
producing the "signed" message in the first place.

> If that is your goal, I don't think Noise is what you want. You'll want
to look in to Ed25519, ECDSA, etc.

Cool, thanks.

Paul :)