[noise] NoiseSocket - next steps

Rhys Weatherley rhys.weatherley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 23:38:10 PST 2017

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Alexey Ermishkin <scratch.net at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, now I have what seems to be a working PoC
> https://github.com/go-noisetls/noisetls with XX & IK support and
> negotiation

Fantastic!

It's been a little hot down here (Australian summer) so I haven't done much
coding on Noise lately.  But I intend to find some time soon to write an
implementation of NoiseSocket in Noise-Java so we can test interoperability
and how easy it is for someone else to read the spec and implement.

If you have a test server somewhere, that would be great.  Even better
would be if you can coax your implementation into generating test vectors.
The standard Noise vector format is at
https://github.com/noiseprotocol/noise_wiki/wiki/Test-vectors - you may
need to add/remove fields for the NoiseSocket case.

> And a kind of protocol description
> https://github.com/go-noisetls/noise_socket_spec/
> blob/master/noise_socket.md

I'll try to get some time to read this soon and give feedback.

Cheers,

Rhys.