[noise] Spec revision 32

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri May 19 07:52:38 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Alex <alex at centromere.net> wrote:
> That's why I provide an optional validation module. You pass it a
> handshake pattern, I certify that it follows all the rules.

Even with validation, different handshakes have different security
properties at different points in time. Trevor has gone through the
pains to work all of these out, and the specification now includes
some very nice charts. When you give users a menu of handshake
patterns, they can then consult the charts to see which they want.
When you let them build the pattern themselves, they will definitely
hang themselves with that piece of rope.