[noise] JavaScript (WebAssembly) port of noise-c implementation

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Wed Oct 4 19:14:30 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Nazar Mokrynskyi <nazar at mokrynskyi.com>
wrote:

> I've worked on test vectors today and now noise-c.wasm passes all of the
> vectors included in noise-c repository, so in terms of spec compliance (v30
> according to noise-c's website at the moment) it should be on par with
> noise-c.

Hi Nazar,

That's great!  Thanks for doing that.

You might also test with the latest cacophony vectors (from Noise wiki, or
Alex's repo).  But I think the only differences are:
 * The test vector format (it now parses the protocol name, instead of
having separate JSON fields for DH/cipher/hash)
 * PSK handling, which changed in revision 32

(We should probably version the "cacophony" vectors, like include the
creation date in the filename or something).

I think Noise-C is up-to-date with revision 31.  The substantive changes
since then are PSK handling and the addition of "rekey" functionality.

It would be great to update Noise-C for these, since WireGuard uses PSKs,
and other people might use rekey [1].

But I'll link your implementation on the Website in mid-October in either
case (I encourage other people to take a look and send feedback before
then).

Trevor

[1] https://github.com/Katzenpost/docs/blob/master/specs/wire-protocol.txt