[noise] spectemplate / spectools

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Mon Nov 13 17:02:05 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM, David Wong <davidwong.crypto at gmail.com> wrote:

>> https://github.com/noiseprotocol/spectemplate
>> https://github.com/noiseprotocol/spectools
>>

> Cool! I will look into this for Disco.

Should be pretty easy to copy in the spectemplate Makefile and point
at spectools, I think it just needs some changes to document metadata
and references.

> I just release draft version 3 which includes a way to return AEADs at
> the end of a handshake:
> https://github.com/mimoo/NoiseGo/blob/master/disco/specification.md

I like the direction, but need to think more on StrobeState and
DiscoSecureChannel.

Naming is still tricky.  The STROBE sepc section 4 has names like:

"STROBE-Keccak-256/1600-v1.0.2", but we don't allow dashes or dots.
Maybe we could translate that like:

"Noise_XX_25519_STROBE/Keccak/256/1600/v102"