[noise] Meeting before Real World Crypto?

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Sat Nov 25 09:19:21 PST 2017

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM, str4d <str4d at i2pmail.org> wrote:
> On 11/24/2017 05:26 AM, Trevor Perrin wrote:
>>
>> let's just carve out some time during
>> RWC for a meeting.
[...]
> I'd also be keen to meet up whenever this happens

Cool, once the RWC schedule is released let's discuss when to fit this in.

> (being in the process
> of working Noise into an I2P transport protocol).

Oh great!  I found one of your proposals [1], would love to hear more
as it develops.  We've got a few anonymity networks trying out Noise
(Panoramix and Ronion also looking into it [2,3]).  I think it would
be a good fit for Tor as well (postquantum Ntor or a pluggable
transport), but not sure I've convinced them.

Elligator for ephemerals makes sense for "indistinguishability".  We
haven't nailed down the details yet, that would be a good discussion
sometime.

Trevor

[1] http://zzz.i2p.rocks/topics/1577?page=3#p13117

[2] https://github.com/nazar-pc/ronion