[noise] NoiseSocket and payload padding in handshake messages

Nemanja Mijailovic metalnem at mijailovic.net
Tue Apr 17 09:43:37 PDT 2018

It is a little tricky to support padding it for handshake message. You would have to calculate the whole Noise message length before deciding whether to apply padding, but the message sometimes includes static and ephemeral keys, where static keys can be encrypted or not, which depends on whether the cipher key was calculated in current or previous message patterns, but it also depends on whether the handshake pattern is PSK or not.

Nemanja