[noise] Draft extension: Authentication of handshake data between messages

str4d str4d at i2pmail.org
Sun Jun 3 16:43:21 PDT 2018

On 06/04/2018 05:43 AM, jake mcginty wrote:
> Yeah, I think it's safe to assume all full general implementations will provide an API to deal with this.
>
> For example, right now snow only supports a `session.set_psk(position, psk)`, but in the future like Justin suggested, I imagine it also having something like a `session.on_psk(position, Fn(HandshakeState) -> PSK)`.
>
>> On Jun 3, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
>> psk can also be dependent on data in the handshake, eg see the
>> justifications for
>> psk1 with I* patterns where the psk can be dependent on the received s. It does
>> make generic implementations a bit harder, I was planning to implement with
>> callbacks for the psk.
Fair point about psk, I'd overlooked that part.

If implementations are happy to handle the complexity, then I don't mind
making the 'h' token more flexible in my draft. I just wanted to make
sure we had thought through the ramifications, particularly with input
from people who have more experience using Noise than I :)

str4d