[noise] Extensions Roadmap: Discussion and Planning

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Mon Aug 6 00:47:38 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:35 AM, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:

> We should get more organized:  I'd like create a roadmap and rough
> schedule for extension documents for next several months, and start
> tracking progress (e.g. Wiki and Github). [...]
>
> To start discussions about this, I'll propose the 10 extensions I
> think should be next on the roadmap.

For progress tracking, I created pages on the Wiki for each of these
10 extension proposals:

https://github.com/noiseprotocol/noise_wiki/wiki

The idea is we'd keep these pages up-to-date with latest docs, status,
links to important mailing-list discussions, etc.  This should make it
easier for outsiders to see where we're heading, and also easier for
us to keep track of open issues and get more things happening in
parallel.

Would still like more feedback about the "roadmap" of tackling these
10 extensions for the remainder of the year.  To me, this seems like a
good list of projects, most of which have received a lot of
discussions over the years, and just need a concerted push to finish
off.  Though there's a few new things, and some complicated ones (NLS,
multi-algorithm).