[noise] Noise HFS Kyber question

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Mon Feb 4 21:54:11 PST 2019

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 2:47 AM dawuud <dawuud at riseup.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a good question for Peter or for someone else to answer
> regarding Noise Kyber HFS... I hope this is not too annoying of me to ask on
> this mailing list. I had hoped that reading the HFS Kyber specification would
> be sufficient for me to implement this Noise extension but it seems like the
> specification document is wrong.
>
> Here's the Noise HFS Kyber specification document:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rweather/noise_spec/kyber/extensions/ext_kyber.md

The latest spec for hfs modifier is here:

https://github.com/noiseprotocol/noise_hfs_spec/blob/master/output/noise_hfs.pdf

The Kyber spec you're looking at is older.  It should be updated to
match the above hfs spec, but Peter's advice was to wait around a
month for any Kyber tweaks before trying to settle on final details
and naming.