[noise] Source and destination properties of X1N and NX1

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Wed Feb 20 02:10:24 PST 2019

Hi Guillaume,

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 7:22 PM Guillaume Girol
<guillaume.girol_noise at m4x.org> wrote:

> I believe there are two typos in the section 18.2 of the specification.
> It gives these security levels for X1N:
>
> X1N
>   -> e                      0                0
>   <- e, ee                  0                1
>   -> s                      0                1
>   <- se                     0                3
>   ->                        2                1
> s if a line
>   <-                        0                5
> had been inadvertantly omitted in the table.

Yes, it looks like I omitted that last line.

> For NX1, it seems like the two last lines have been swapped:
> NX1
>   -> e                      0                0
>   <- e, ee, s               0                1
>   -> es                     0                3
>   ->                        2                1
>   <-                        0                5
>
> should probably be:
> NX1
>   -> e                      0                0
>   <- e, ee, s               0                1
>   -> es                     0                3
>   <-                        2                1
>   ->                        0                5

It looks like the last two arrow directions are wrong, but the table
is otherwise correct.

Thanks for the close review!  I'll see what other clarifications we
have batched up and start some thinking / discussion about a revision
35.