[noise] selfie attack

Nadim Kobeissi nadim at symbolic.software
Thu Apr 11 04:13:22 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share something I wrote about the recent Selfie attack on TLS 1.3 and how it reflects on prior formal verification efforts:

https://nadim.micro.blog/2019/04/11/selfies-reflections-on.html

The article essentially explains that it's not particularly surprising that Selfie wasn't caught by formal verification efforts for TLS 1.3, since those were focused on modeling for different classes of attacks which much more damaging implications.

Happy to hear your comments!

Nadim Kobeissi
Symbolic Software • https://symbolic.software