[curves] The great debate over point formats (Mike Hamburg)

Paulo S. L. M. Barreto pbarreto at larc.usp.br
Sun Feb 2 04:22:48 PST 2014

I don't follow you reasoning. My post had nothing to do with, nor did it even
mention, the Weierstrass form at all. It was a description of a curve in
Edwards form (with a particularly simple coefficient, and defined over one of
the NIST primes). I can't see why you thought it implied Weierstrass and an
ensuing list of disadvantages. Your criticism seems thus misplaced; maybe it
refers to some other message in the thread (or a different thread)?

Paulo.