[curves] General Curve25519 and Ed25519 Libraries

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:42:09 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Frank Wang <frankw at mit.edu> wrote:

> I have yet to find a good library that allows me to just do operations on
> Ed25519 or Curve25519. Does such a library exist? If not, any tips on what
> I should do? Should I just use another curve library that is better
> supported? If so, any suggestions?

RELIC [0] might also be worth a look, however it's more research oriented
and not yet totally optimized for performance. It recently got support for
twisted Edwards curves over prime fields (e.g. ed25519). For much longer it
supports short Weierstraß curves over prime fields and binary fields. It
also has symmetric and asymmetric pairings. However, keep in mind it's more
from an academic background and not optimized for constant time and best
performance yet.

[0] https://github.com/relic-toolkit/relic

Cheers,
Tobias