[curves] Fwd: Crash Course on ECC poster

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:34:14 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Ben Harris <mail at bharr.is> wrote:

> Slight error in Scalar Multiplication paragraph 2. You say Alice
> calculates her private point, but I think you mean public (as the scalar is
> the private bit right?).

Good catch, thank you!

> Not much on the "why". Why can't an observer work out the shared time from
> seeing 7 o'clock?

I suppose I should probably mention the discrete logarithm problem
somewhere on the poster! Although I was also thinking of making another
sort of "Survey of Public Key Cryptography" poster where I could go into
DLP in depth.

> Why do you need to "bounce" (mirror?) over the x axis?
>
> Though I appreciate the size constraints, and you've managed to fit heaps
> in as is

Yeah, probably don't have space to go into that...

--
Tony Arcieri