[curves] Climbing the elliptic learning curve (was: Re: Finalizing XEdDSA)

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Tue Nov 1 14:09:11 PDT 2016

Thanks Trevor, but I think I may not have made myself clear.  I’m not really asking about cofactors per se here.  I’m just using them as an illustrative example.  What I’m really asking about is whether I’m asking questions that are appropriate for the Curves list, or if I need to go back and do some more homework and if so, what that homework is.  The fact that you originally answered me off-list seemed to indicate that the latter might be the case.  A lot of the discussion here is still over my head, and I really don’t want to wear out my welcome by asking too many stupid questions.

Notwithstanding the above, thanks for these pointers!  They look like very interesting reading.