[curves] Climbing the elliptic learning curve (was: Re: Finalizing XEdDSA)

Antonio Sanso asanso at adobe.com
Tue Jan 31 02:32:43 PST 2017

Thanks a lot guys,

I have tried the sage formula from Mike and worked like a charm.
I got less luck with the approach from Trevor (but hey, is for sure my fault).
Of course even if I was able to calculate an equivalent public key there is no chance I can retrieve the associate
private key (of course this would be like breaking DH, right?).

Said that, last silly question on the topic is:

in which situation not checking for the “right” public key can be a problem?
Trevor mentioned already one situation, but I fail to see without the knowledge
of the associated private key, where this could be an harm….

Thanks a lot and regards

antonio