[curves] Computing an inverse scalar for Curve25519

Max Skibinsky max at skibinsky.com
Tue May 30 17:27:38 PDT 2017

my understanding of sphinx is that user is constructing *hash(password,
hash(password)^device_key)* in such way that user never sees *device_key* and
device never sees *hash(password). *That is achieved by sending
*hash(password)^p *with random *p *to device/server, which responds with
*hash(password)^(p*device_key) *and then user calculates
*hash(password)^(p*device_key)^1/p=**hash(password)^device_key* to get
final randomized password.

Expanding on Alexey question: which curves/libs currently support
calculations of inverse (1/p) so that it is possible to restore
*hash(password)^device_key
? *We run into this issue exactly while considering adding sphinx to our
crypto relays (which are completely on curve25519)

-
max​
vault12
​​