[curves] Is there an established name for the hardness assumption capturing twist security of a curve?

Björn Haase bjoern.m.haase at web.de
Fri Jun 12 07:05:58 PDT 2020

Hi Rene,

 >at negligible incremental cost (a few field multiplies) even if one
implements ECDH using
 >Montgomery ladders and is only given the x-coordinate of a point

If you transfer the full point coordinates the cost indeed might be
small. If you spare the communication bandwidth and transfer the
x-coordinate only, you need code and computation for a full field
exponentiation (square root). IMO, this is worth to be spared, at least
on small targets.

Yours,

Björn.