[hacspec] test vectors

Franziskus Kiefer franziskuskiefer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 02:25:48 PST 2018

> I think that's a good project, though a test vector language does not
> necessarily need to be coupled to a HacSpec language, I think.

I agree. But as we need test vectors anyway I think it makes sense have a
common way specify them. It just makes things easier.
We'll see if If the "test vector language" becomes anything more.

FWIW, I like the idea of using a rigid subset of JSON for test
> vectors, so it's easy to parse *either* with JSON or with dumb,
> hand-written parsers.

The idea is really to keep this as simple as possible without making it too
hard to interpret.

NIST ACVP and Wycheproof are also looking into JSON test vectors for
> crypto, so if you want to go further in that direction you could try
> to get some of those people here.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll try to get in touch and see if they're
interested.